Friday, July 31, 2009

Oops, I did it again...

I've gone and done it. Again.

After setting a goal in January that I thought would tak
e until September to achieve, I met the goal in early May. Shortly thereafter, I was riding a pretty good high, and set my next goal with September 18 (my birthday) as my target: I wanted to reach 275 pounds.

Tonight I blew it out of the water.
Again.
A month and a half ahead of my target.

Tonight, I weighed in at 271.8 pounds. That's down 161.2 pounds since I was at my heaviest. Go ahead... do the math. I'm finally saying it publicly. There's no shame in saying that yes, I was once a 435 pound man. Not anymore!


Not only have I dropped 161.2 pounds, but I've a
lso trimmed over 70 inches of fat off my body. My confidence continues to grow. My strength improves each and every day, and my endurance is incredible. I train like an athlete. I am an athlete. I train hard at the gym. I run about 15km each week, and am picking up speed each and every day. My blood pressure is normal, and I've got the resting heart rate of a marathon runner.

Don't know what more to say... I feel amazing. I continue to learn more and more each day about my body, my spirit, and my self. I continue to push my physical and cognitive limits, and surprise myself at eac
h turn, learning that there is very little I can't achieve -- especially if I put my mind, my heart and my soul into it.

So there you have it... a quick update. Another moment of elation, of relief and of pride. And I can't say much more, because words cannot even begin to describe what moments like these mean to me.


(Sebastien and I after our sparring session tonight... always a good time!)

So, whatever your journey, whatever your path, whatever challenge you face, whatever battle you fight, I offer you again the two powerful words that my sister shared with me, and from which I draw tremendous strength and determination.

Kia kaha.
Stay strong, my friends. Stay strong.

PS. New goal... another 36.8 pounds before December 25, 2009. That'll be 200 pounds in 2 years. Talk about a Christmas present!!!

8 comments:

  1. Dude, it a good thing you keep posting recent pics - I woudn't recognize you if I passed you on the street - incredible. I like reading your posts, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you feel so great and look wonderul. I'm on my own fitness journey right now and really get that new understanding that it's all connected. Soooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great big congratulations to you!! That is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chris,
    Congrats on meeting the latest goal on this incredible journey. It's been amazing watching you transform before my eyes, both in shape and in personality.
    Keep it up. See ya at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un-f'n real! McGrath, just keep givin'er...you're absolutely amazing and you look dy-no-mite...you always did, but now it's just a bigger blast.

    You deserve it buddy and I'm proud of you.

    McCloskey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous................. feeling great,looking great, and discovering the new "YOU" We are very happy for you and sooooooooo very proud of your accomplishments. This we believe will go down as your greatest!!!! Love Mom and Dad xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! 161+. that is just nuts. You're amazing. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you. I can't tell you how many people I've told about you. Which you probably think is weird - but I just think this is amazing. YAY Chris!

    ReplyDelete