Thursday, October 9, 2008

And for these things....

Doesn't the prayer at the Thanksgiving table typically end with something like "...and for these things we are truly thankful"???

I think it does.

That said, I've been taking the time to think about what I'm thankful for. Here goes...

My family.
They've never left my side. They always have been there, and they always will.

My friends.
They treat me like gold and help me to believe that I am wonderful just as I am.

My trainer.
He has undying confidence in my potential, and sometimes more faith than I do for what I will accomplish in the future.

My co-workers.
They respect the fact that I'm on a new path, and give me the time, space and understanding I need to navigate it.

The people who work at my gym.
They greet me enthusiastically every time I walk through the door each day and make me feel more and more like I belong there.

The people who work out at my gym.
They put up with my 'boy smell'.

The sales person at The Running Room.
I think she finally figured out what is the best shoe for me. For $150, she better have figured it out.

My dog.
She gives me a reason to get up at 5:45 every morning and go on a 4-5 km power walk.

My TiVo.
He (yes, he) records all of the shows that I miss while I'm at the gym or out walking the dog -- making my TV watching more purposeful.

The people who invented this blogger.
Because their invention gave me the catalyst to do one of the scariest things I've ever had to do -- share my thoughts and feelings with those people who care about me the most.

And the creators of "Will & Grace"
Because when I'm feeling crappy, nothing makes me feel better than a W&G marathon. Seriously, how can you not laugh at that shit!

And so, during this season of thanks... and giving... I share with all of you my thanks and my love.

Kia Kaha.

PS. I'm back on track.... have had pretty awesome results in the past two weeks...


1 comment: