Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Feelin' groovy..

So, I had my monthly check-in with my trainer today -- which basically means he makes me stand on some machine that takes a bunch of measurements including weight, BMI, yaddah yaddah yaddah... you can't eat for 3 hours before the assessment, so I was absolutely ravenous by the time I got to the gym at 6:30. So, I stuck to my guns and didn't want to know the numbers... but Sebastien did tell me that he was really happy and pleased with my progress -- not only based upon the assessment, but also in terms of my ability to crank up my cardio and strength training. That said, I'm going to continue to stick by my rule of not fixating on numbers, but instead I'm really trying to tune into how I feel physically and emotionally about my progress. And just as Sebastien is happy with the numbers, I'm equally happy with how I feel tonight. I made it to the gym 6 out of the past 7 days -- which was easy to start doing considering I was on vacation for two weeks prior. But getting into a good routine of going every night after work is taking shape, so I'm happy with that. I've got good energy, am sleeping well, and eating regularly -- and fueling myself with things that are good for me. Raw broccoli is my new best friend (although it makes me VERY gassy), and having my new dishwasher is really helping to keep the kitchen clean thereby making it easier to cook at home. If that at all makes sense... (part of the thing about blogging is that it can be a stream of consciousness type thing, so bear with me). I guess what I'm saying is it feels like things are falling into place nicely.

Back to feeling groovy... as I said, I've got good energy, having good sleeps and am generally feeling more rested. But for some reason, I've started breaking out with pimples!!!! I've never had pimples like this before.. but I guess that's what sweat pouring down your face for an hour every night will do to you. And yes, I realize the remedy is to give my face a good scrub... don't think I haven't loaded up on lots of fancy products with scrubbers and bubbles and fizzles to get the dirt out....

So that's the scoop for now. Off to bed shortly,and another day back at the office... capped off with a visit to the gym for my hour of solitude... it really is kind of relaxing in a bizarre sort of way. Throw on a headset, and all i have to tune into is my own breathing and myself for an hour... a neat feeling.

Kia kaha

No comments:

Post a Comment